Nothing inflames the passions like a well-written love letter. That's why for this Valentine's Day I thought I'd offer some tips on how you can take the same basic tenets of love letter writing to create email campaigns that will really get your customer and prospect hearts beating!
1. The sheer appearance of a love letter says so much about the sender and the level of his or her affection. As an email marketer, you need to choose layouts, colors, fonts, and graphics that not only accurately reflect your brand but also draw readers in and show you truly care about how they perceive you.
2. All Romeos and Juliets know how to create the right ambiance. Be sure to consider not only the mood you’re hoping your email will leave readers in, but also the mood they may already be in. Most recipients will be busy, so be considerate of their time and say what needs to be said in order for them to warm up to you.
3. Ever get a love letter and then gush about it with friends? Your friends are probably left wishing their special someones could melt their hearts like that! Know what your competitors are telling customers, and then beat their sweet nothings with sweet somethings that make customers feel special. Segment your outreach and create copy that focuses on your reader's specific needs. Coupons, giveaways, newsletters and funny videos all show you’re interested in a giving, long-term relationship while contributing to the viral effect.
4. "Let us go then you and I…" Just like the Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock, your email must contain a clear call to action. But don’t just ask would-be customers to click on a link or buy your product. Show them how by doing so you can change their lives in deep and meaningful ways.
5. No matter how eloquently written, sending unsolicited love letters can get you into trouble. As always, be sure your recipients have opted in to receiving your affections!
JangoMail is also showing some love this Valentine's Day by offering free trials of its powerful email marketing platform and waiving its start-up fee through the end of February. JangoMail offers a variety of affordable pricing options, so anyone can send emails in a highly reliable and personalized way. Visit http://www.jangomail.com/ for more.