By: Amber Henry
Things have been warming up here at JangoMail just as summer kicks off this Saturday! We are very excited to launch JangoSMS. In a few short months you can reach any customer, anywhere!
JangoSMS, a unified platform for mass email and mass texting.
With JangoSMS, you can send:
- Immediate, real-time alerts for important messages
- Transactional notifications, such as shipping confirmations
- Announcements for team and club events
- Promotions about time-sensitive deals and coupons
- Alerts about service or new information
Why market via SMS?
- Customers are on-the-go more than ever and their smartphones go with them!
- More time is spent on smartphones in the U.S. than TV (CTIA).
- The average person looks at their phone 150 times a day – 23 of those times at messaging (Tomi Ahonen).
- Mobile coupons have a ten time redemption rate compared to print coupons (BizReport.com).
- Want to add something new to your marketing campaign? Try text with JangoSMS. Your customers won't be able to put their smartphones down...even more so than they already do!
Important things you should know about SMS marketing:
- SMS is PERMISSION-based. You must have express consent to send.
- It’s best to have a focused marketing plan in mind that includes SMS before you send your first campaign.
- Set expectations for your customers about what they will receive and how often. The customer shouldn’t opt-in to receive one type of message, and then start receiving a totally different type of message.
- Keep in mind that your message will probably be read in less than 5 minutes!
- Make every sentence count! JangoSMS messages are limited to 140 characters.
- A call to action should be present and the customer’s next step to take clearly explained.