I don’t know about you, but I’m still recovering from Thanksgiving. All of those carrots can be quite filling! Before I go down another rabbit hole, let’s take a look at my tip for the week:
Use Our TinyMCE(v3) Editor
Over the development of JangoMail we’ve offered three different editors: Simple, EditLive, and TinyMCE, which is the most advanced and easiest to use. We encourage all of our users to take advantage of this great tool.
Users have always enjoyed our quick image insertion, social media and email links, as well as all of the formatting options. Recently, the JangoMail team has incorporated some EditLive features into our latest version of our Advanced editor, and we will be phasing out EditLive this winter. Here are a few benefits of using the TinyMCE(v3) Editor:
- If you can't resist pasting copy from Word, use the new "Paste from Word" button. NOTE: We do NOT recommend creating any emails using Word. Copy/paste text using Notepad or a Simple Text Editor instead.
- You do not have to wait for JAVA to load, and there are no error messages.
- You can also lock content by restricting subaccounts from editing certain parts of an email.
- This is more of an advanced tip: When using EditLive, in the HTML, you would tag an item as conenteditable="false". Now you can do that in TinyMCE too, add class="readonly".
To verify that you are using our TinyMCE(v3) Editor, follow these steps:
- Click Settings.
- Select Authoring to expand section.
- In the last option, Preferred HTML Editor, check to see if TinyMCE is listed.
- If not, click the pencil icon to edit.
- Select TinyMCE.
- Press Save.
To recap: Double check that you are using our TinyMCE(v3) Editor and make sure you switch over as soon as you can. We will be phasing out EditLive this winter.
Jack the Jangolope
Department of Awesome
Jack the Jangolope is our JangoMail mascot. Each week, look for Jack's emails for marketing advice, trends, and quick tips on how to grow your email marketing plan to the fullest! Hop into email marketing each week with Jack's helpful tips!