Retrieve Complaint Data
JangoMail now allows you to pull the data behind the "Complaints" column of your General Job Statistics report via the API. This reflects addresses that have used their "this is spam" reporting tools via their ISP, which JangoMail receives via feedback loop.
- Reports_GetComplaintsByCampaign_Dataset retrieves list of complaints for the given Job ID. Returns a .NET DataSet.
- Reports_GetComplaintsByCampaign_String retrieves list of complaints for the given Job ID. Returns a String.
- Reports_GetComplaintsByCampaign_XML retrieves list of complaints for the given Job ID. Returns an XML document.
Check Job/Campaign Status
Once you send, your campaign goes through three stages:
- Preprocessing -- where the message is prepared for sending, removing duplicates, bounces, unsubscribes, etc. prior to sending.
- Sending -- where the message is personalized and launched from our network of senders.
- Complete -- where your campaign has fully completed sending.
These states are shown in the JangoMail interface under Reporting, and you can now confirm the current status of any campaign by API as well.
GetMassEmailStatus returns the current status for the given job/campaign ("Preprocessing", "Sending", or "Complete").
Enhancements to the "Send..." Methods
The CustomCampaignID can now be specified in the "Options" parameter of the "Send" methods (SendMassEmail, SendMassEmailPrevious, SendMassEmailPrevious2, SendMassEmailRaw). For example, Options can now include the following parameter: CustomCampaignID=FinalMailer.
Attachments will now validate during sending. This will alert you if you specify an attachment in the "Options" parameter that does not exist on the server. Previously, such a campaign would still go through, but missing the attachment, and the method would return a SUCCESS message. Now if the attachment doesn't exist, an exception will be thrown and no campaign will be sent or saved.Enhancements to AddGroupMember and EditGroupMember
JangoMail has a new setting to prevent duplicates from being added to a Group. With the API, the AddGroupMember and EditGroupMember methods reflect this change as well. Both will now throw exceptions if the Group is set to disallow duplicates and you:
- attempt to either add an already existent address, or
- edit an address such that it would match an already existent address.
For the full web-based reference on all available methods and their signatures, including the new methods and enhancements, click here.